1 Week, 8 spectacular gala dinners!
Fifth annual culinary festival returns to Barcelo Maya Grand Resort
September 8-15, 2019
This year's popular event's eight gala dinners, are each masterminded by true culinary artists. A line-up of renowned Mexican and international chefs will show off their talents and delight guests with amazing dishes, showing off the best of the country’s legendary cuisine.
Festival Gourmet Barceló has grown to become an event of international stature over the past few years. This year, the festival will bring together 21 chefs, two traditional cooks, Mexican wineries, premium local distilleries and more to celebrate Mexican cuisine and provide a five-star experience for all attendees.
CONTACT US FOR PACKAGE AND PRICING DETAILS.
DON'T MISS THIS CELEBRATION OF THE FOOD, WINE, AND TEQUILAS OF MEXICO
Highlights From the Fifth Annual Festival Gourmet Barceló Include:
· The festival will kick-off with a special Michelin Star-level gala dinner led by two of Riviera Maya’s most talented kitchen wizards: chef Alejandro Sánchez (pictured top), Gastronomic Director at Royal Hideaway Playacar, and Maximiliano Sola, Executive Chef of Passion by Martín Berasategui.
· Representing Baja California, Chef Ryan Steyn and Martín San Román will join forces to showcase their mastery of European techniques. They’ll be using the best ingredients of Mexican gastronomy to create dishes featuring explosive flavors that play with textures and flavors.
· Handling the traditional Mexican cuisine realm, chefs Israel Loyola, Roberto Solís and Pablo Salas will bring to life the country’s classic recipes with a healthy injection of contemporary kitchen techniques.
· Representing the deliciously unexpected fusion between Asian and Mexican gastronomies, chef Salvador Orozco (from the Bull & Tank restaurant group) and chef Pedro Abascal (from Primo restaurant in Playa del Carmen) will awe guests with dishes that merge the best of both worlds.
· Surprise guest chef Darren Walsh will present an unexpected combination of dishes that showcase his ability to dazzle taste buds with unconventional and experimental techniques.
· The exquisite culinary creations of Barceló Maya Grand Resort’s very own executive chefs, Julio Reyes, José Manuel Diego and Alejandro López, have surprised and captivated guests during past editions of the Festival Gourmet Barceló. Year after year, these chefs have demonstrated the resort’s high quality gastronomic offering through their talented expertise and will continue to do so in the fifth edition of the festival.
· Pastry chef Iván Millán will be in charge of pleasing all of those with a sweet tooth at the Festival Gourmet Barceló. Chef Millán is best known for his apperance on Discovery Home & Health’s Latin American TV series Next Great Baker: Latin America, as well as his two published books surrounding his acclaimed reduced sugar desserts.
· To complement all the incredible culinary offerings featured in the Festival Gourmet Barceló, the resort has partnered with several high-profile Mexican wineries to curate the best wines to perfectly pair with each plate. Some of these wineries include El Cielo, Monte Xanic, Casta de Vinos, Viñas de Garza, Casa Madero, among many others.
· Additionally, agave-based drink specialist, Lala Noguera, will offer an exquisite listing of mezcals for this year’s festival. Noguera is known internationally for her extensive knowledge and support to the mezcal communities in Mexico, while actively promoting the modernization of production without affecting its authentic ancestral process.
Barcelo Hotels & Resorts: A truly extraordinary experience
Barceló Hotels & Resorts go the extra mile. We create moments and experiences that offer you the chance to enjoy an exceptional experience. The desire to serve is part of our DNA, letting you enjoy each destination without a care in the world.
Cutting-edge holiday and city hotels and resorts that are committed to innovation and creativity, and whose brand values invoke proximity and the local culture.
Our hotels are steeped in the flavour of the destination without ever losing our essence, bringing the character of the place and our guests together.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.